PAHRUMP, Nev. March 16, 2018 - The following report highlights actions taken at the Nye County Board of Commissioners special meeting. The agenda numbers provide links to each item’s backup.
The board sitting as the County Licensing and Liquor Board rescinded the current suspension of the Privilege License for Cherry Patch, LLC, dba Love Ranch Brothel in Crystal, Nevada. (3)
Commissioner John Koenig made a motion to rescind the suspension subject to the following conditions:
1) the Fire Marshal was here and gave a list of 30 some odd items that had to be fixed within 30 days and they had to adhere to that 30 days;
2) the 90 day was still in effect for the merger resub, right-of-way and the signs, and he would give them 30 days to hire a licensed certified professional, get his or her name and contact number to Planning, and their job was to draw up as-built plans identifying the use for each building, propose a plan as compliant or prove what is built is compliant, which gets back to the issue of the stickers;
3) after that person was identified they had 60 days for them to do the job required and submit plans for review to Planning;
4) after the Planning review was done they had another 30 days to do whatever had to be done to become compliant if anything had to be done;
5) and he wanted them to provide a monthly status report to Planning.
The motion passed 2-1 with Commissioner Koenig and Donna Cox voting yes and Commissioner Lorinda Wichman voting nay.
Commissioner Dan Schinhofen and Butch Borasky, along with Sheriff Sharon Wehrly, recused themselves from the item due to lawsuits filed by brothel owner Dennis Hof against them individually.
The Board of County Commissioner approved the Final Commercial Subdivision Application for Spring Mountain Commercial to allow a commercial subdivision on approximately 21.78 acres of property zoned General Commercial (GC), located at 3651 S. Nevada Highway 160, Pahrump, NV. Assessor Parcel Number 027-741-05. (4)
At the end of the meeting, Commissioner Wichman directed staff to look at the possibility of putting on the ballot for this upcoming election a question to see what the voters thought about keeping prostitution in Nye County.