Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
|Town or Area||Reported Positives||Recovered|
This webpage is set up to keep the public informed that Nye County officials are closely monitoring the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments in coordination with state, local and federal health officials. Organizations throughout Nevada are working collaboratively to implement enhanced safety measures, and to keep the public informed of this evolving situation and preventative measures people can take to limit the spread of any communicable disease.
Please read the procedures below on seeking medical attention:
- Do not go to the emergency department unless it is essential. Emergency departments need to be able to serve those with the most critical needs.
- If you have a mild cough, fever, or other respiratory symptoms, contact your doctor first you are sick.
- The Division of Public and Behavioral Health at the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services acts as the health authority for all regions in Nevada without a local health authority.
Precautions you can take include:
- Practicing basic hygiene is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of all communicable diseases, including COVID-19.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth when coughing.
- Sneeze using tissue and throw the tissue in the trash immediately following use.
- Get a flu shot.
- If you get sick, please stay home from work, school or other places where you are in close frequent contact with other people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched "community" objects and surfaces.
- Letter from Commission Chair and County Manager, April 2nd (pdf)
- County Commission Materials and Participation during Declaration of Emergency (update) (pdf)
- COVID-19 two positives in Pahrump, March 31, 2020 (pdf)
- COVID-19 positive in Amargosa Valley, March 31, 2020 (pdf)
- COVID-19 Drive-Up Testing Flyer for Pahrump, Beatty and Tonopah, March 30th (pdf)
- UPDATED: County, Towns and Court Operations as of March 26, 2020 (pdf)
- UPDATE: County Government, Courts adjusting operations, March 17 (pdf)
- Many County Government Offices closing to walk-in traffic, March 16, 2020 (pdf)
- County COVID-19 Emergency Declaration, March 15, 2020 (pdf)
- Emergency Management release on Coronavirus, March 11, 2020 (pdf)
- Emergency Management release on Coronavirus, March 9, 2020 (pdf)
- Emergency Management release on Coronavirus, March 3rd (pdf)