Welcome and thank you for your service!
When you come in to the Veterans Service Office you will be referred to a service officer for assistance. The Veterans Service Officer (VSO) has a comprehensive understanding of the problems that confront veterans and their dependents. The VSO knows the extent, the meaning, and the application of laws that have been passed by Congress to benefit veterans and their families. They also understand the rules and regulations adopted by the Department of Veterans Affairs and can use that knowledge to give you the best advice possible as you pursue VA benefits.
We serve Nye and Esmeralda Counties and are Nationally Certificated with 11 service organizations to provide veterans services to those pursuing Veteran Benefits. We maintain confidential and sensitive client information and files while conducting inter-governmental (County, State, and Federal) relations to best provide the Veteran with the resources they need. Further conduct outreach to rural and frontier communities throughout Southern Nevada to include Clark, Nye, and Esmeralda Counties.
Listed below are Veterans Service Organizations our officers have received accreditation with. They’ll be able to work with these organizations to either help you file for benefits or determine the status of an existing claim.
- American Legion
- American Veterans
- Catholic War Veterans of the USA
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Marine Corps League
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- National Association of County Veterans Service Officers
- Nevada Department of Veterans Services
- Non Commissioned Officers Association
- The Retired Enlisted Association
- Vietnam Veterans of America
Our service officers are required to complete annual continuing education training and recertification classes through the National Association of Veterans Service Officers to keep current on the constantly changing VA rules and regulations. We take pride in our knowledge of Veterans Benefits and our ability to provide you with the most current and up-to-date information about your Veterans Benefits.
Our office can off aid in areas including, but not limited to, Disability Compensation/Service Connection, Non-Service Connected Pension, Dependency and Indemnity Compensation, Death Pension, Burial Benefits, Healthcare Applications, Vocational Rehabilitation, Education Benefits, Life Insurance, Home Loan Guarantees, Appeals, Ribbons and Medals, and more.
If you want assistance or need help in obtaining benefits, Contact Us and we will do our best to answer your questions. You will receive a response within 3 business days.
The Goal of Veteran Services
- To inform and educate our Veterans of the benefits they may be entitled to
- Assist Veterans in filing legitimate VA Claims
- Give aid, assistance and answer questions relating to veterans benefits both State and Federal
- Research claims; apply case law and (38CFR) code of federal regulations, and medical nexus’s to develop the best strategy to apply to the claim and its current processing status
- Review claims available by the Regional Office via Power of Attorney regularly and in coordination with the Veteran and the Veterans Benefits Administration.