More Information About Delinquent Property Tax Auction
- This will be an open auction with the property being sold to the highest bidder.
- There is no absentee bidding.
- All interested bidders must attend the auction.
- All transactions are final.
- If you make a mistake and bid on the wrong property, the transaction is still final.
- There are no online registrations.
- Registration begins one hour prior to the time of the auction at the location of the auction.
- A $500 deposit in the form of a cashier's check or money order will be required when registering.
- If your bid is successful, your deposit will be applied to the purchase price.
- If your bid is not successful, your deposit will be returned at the end of auction.
- Payment must be made in the form of certified funds, e.g.:
- Cashier's check or money order made payable to the Nye County Treasurer.
- Nye County does not offer any type of financing on sale parcels.
- Payment in full is required by on the day of the auction.
After Property is Purchased
The County will record a Quit Claim Deed to the property within 30 days of the auction date. The Treasurer's office will mail the deed to the buyer. Please refer to Nevada Revised Statute 361.595 for information on a quit claim deed.
There is no redemption period on property acquired through the tax auction. Once you receive the recorded absolute deed, the property is yours.
Per NRS 361.600 there is a two-year period where the previous owner may protest the auction and during which title companies may not issue title insurance. You should contact a title company for more information regarding title insurance.
Questions regarding this matter can be directed to the Nye County Treasurer's Office at (775) 482-8147.