NOTICE INVITING SEALED BID PROPOSALS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that sealed bids for the Tonopah Airport REPLACE AIRPORT BEACON AND TOWER project will be received by the Nye County Finance Department at 2101 E. Calvada Blvd., Suite 200, Pahrump, Nevada 89048 until 11:00 A.M., local time, April 20, 2020, and then said bids will be publicly opened and read aloud.
The proposed work includes the removal of the existing airport beacon and tower with a new beacon and tip-down pole with miscellaneous electrical work.
Each bid shall be in accordance with the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS, which may be examined at the following locations:
ATKINS, 10509 Professional Circle, Suite 102, Reno, NV 89521
Nye County Finance Dept., 2101 E. Calvada Blvd., Suite 200, Pahrump, Nevada 89048
Nye County Public Works, 250 North Highway 160, Pahrump, NV 89060
Nevada Blue Plan Room, 9738 S. Virginia Street, Suite D, Reno, NV 89511
Sierra Contractor’s Source, 860 Maestro Drive, Suite B, Reno, NV 89511
Sierra Plan Room, 3111 S. Valley View Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89102
Construction Notebook, 3131 Meade Avenue, Suite B, Las Vegas, NV 89102
Hard copies of the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be obtained at the office of ATKINS, located at 10509 Professional Circle, Suite 102, Reno, NV 89521, telephone: 775.828.1622, upon the payment of Thirty Dollars ($30.00) per set as a non-refundable purchase price. Additionally, electronic files are available for free.
Bid Proposals shall be made upon the forms provided within Part A, Division II of these documents. Each bidder shall provide all the information required by the Bid Documents. Each bidder shall submit one original (County) and one copy (Engineer) of the Bid Proposal in the same sealed envelope. The sealed envelope shall bear on the outside the bidder’s name, address, and license number and be marked as follows:
REPLACE AIRPORT BEACON AND TOWER
AIP No. 3-32-0019-017-2020~ PWP–NY–2020-350 ~ Nye County Bid 2020-07
All proposals shall be in the office of the Nye County Finance Department by 11:00 a.m., local time, April 20, 2020. All proposals shall be addressed and delivered to:
Nye County Finance Department
2101 E. Calvada Blvd., Suite 200
Pahrump, Nevada 89048.
Proposals shall be made upon the forms provided with these documents. Only the bid proposal contained within Part A, Division II of these documents will need to be submitted. There is no requirement to submit the entire set of Contract Documents and Technical Specifications.
The successful bidder shall file with the Nye County at the time of execution of the Contract, a Performance Bond, in an amount of not less than 100 percent of the Contract price and a Labor and Materials Bond, in an amount of not less than 100 percent of the contract price, with a surety or sureties company(s) authorized and licensed to do business in the State of Nevada in accordance with the laws and statutes of the State of Nevada providing for bonds for public works.
After the bids have been opened and declared, no bid shall be withdrawn except with the approval of Nye County and each shall be subject to acceptance by Nye County for a period of one hundred twenty (120) days after the opening date.
There is limited funding for this project and the Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any informality in such bids. The Owner reserves the right to reject all bids if no bids are within the funding limit. Should the Owner decide to award the contract, no adjustments will be made to the lump sum and/or unit prices due to escalation of fuel prices regardless of when the contract is awarded or when the work is performed.
The work shall be completed within a total contract period of Twenty Eight (28) calendar days.
All bids shall be subject to the following requirements:
- All labor shall be paid no less than the minimum wage rates established by the U.S. Secretary of Labor (Davis Bacon) or the State of Nevada Prevailing Wage Rates, whichever is higher.
- Nevada bidder preference Statute § 338.147 of the NRS is not applicable to this Project.
- Each Proposal must be accompanied by a certified check, cashier’s check, or bid bond payable to the Nye County in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the amount bid. The above mentioned cash, check or bond shall be given as a guarantee that the bidder will enter into the Contract if awarded to them, and will be declared forfeited if the successful bidder refuses to enter into said contract after being notified to do so by Nye County.
- All bidders and their proposed subcontractors must at the time of the bid have a valid Nevada Contractor’s License. The value of the proposed Contract may not exceed the limit on the license.
- Each bidder must complete, sign and furnish, the “Assurance of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Participation and Small Business Enterprise Participation” form including the accompanying list, the “Bidders Statement on Previous Contracts Subject to EEO Clause”, the “Buy American Certificate”, the “Certification of Non-segregated Facilities”, and the “Designation of Subcontractors, Service Providers, and/or Material Suppliers” as contained in the Bid Proposal.
- There is a NO Pre-Bid meeting for this project scheduled. It is encouraged that the contractor visit the site prior to bidding.
- Each bidder shall furnish satisfactory evidence of his/her competency to perform the proposed work at least 3 days prior to the bid opening. Such evidence of competency, unless otherwise specified, shall consist of statements covering the bidder’s past experience on similar work, a list of equipment that would be available for the work, and a list of key personnel that would be available. In addition, each bidder shall furnish the owner satisfactory evidence of his/her financial responsibility. Such evidence of financial responsibility shall consist of a confidential statement or report of the bidder’s financial resources and liabilities as of the last calendar year or the Contractor’s last fiscal year. Such statements or reports shall be certified by a public accountant. At the time of submitting such financial statements or reports, the bidder shall further certify whether his/her financial responsibility is approximately the same as stated or reported by the public accountant. If the bidder’s financial responsibility has changed, the bidder shall qualify the public accountant’s statement or report to reflect his/her (bidders) true financial condition at the time such qualified statement or report is submitted to the owner. A bidder may submit evidence that he is pre-qualified with the Nevada Department of Transportation and is on the current “bidder’s list” of the Nevada Department of Transportation. Such evidence of prequalification with the Nevada Department of Transportation may be submitted as evidence of financial responsibility in lieu of the certified statements or reports required in the previous paragraph.